Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Ole_BSCEE
Guide
Guide

Hi 

I have a 7 Pro3 cameras connected to two Smart Hubs and apparently all the Pro3 cameras have now started to disconnect to one of the Smart Hubs (always the same) at approximately the same time 10:15 PM (CET) 2-3 times per week.

The Smart Hub is blinking orange ... and the Camara's are clicking now and then ... and only way to come back to normal is to power down and up the Smart Hub again to get back to normal.
Anyone having the same annoying problem ?
Arlo, whats the problem here ?

Pros3 HW: H9 / FW: 1.060.10.18_749_4b65ff8

SmartHub HW: VBM4540r2 / FW: 1.16.3.4_707_c289687

Br,

Ole

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ole_BSCEE,

A blinking orange LED on the SmartHub could mean the cameras are struggling to maintain their connection due to interference or poor signal strength.

How far from the SmartHub are the cameras? What does the signal strength icon show for these cameras when they are connected?

Consider relocating the SmartHub closer to the cameras to improve signal strength and be sure to eliminate other nearby sources of WiFi interference if possible.

JamesC

Ole_BSCEE
Guide
Guide

@JamesC,

All cameras shows full signal strength icon's when connected.

Absolutely nothing has been added or changed in my home wifi network for a long time and the problem startet suddenly 4-5 weeks ago.

I live in a 170 square meters house with two smart hubs, 7 cameras, an audio doorbell and a chime.

The Smart Hubs placing is optimised in order to get the most optima signal strength from all devices.

I have no good explanations why this misters behaviour now occurs ?

Br,

Ole

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ole_BSCEE,

The next time it occurs, I encourage you to reach out to the Arlo Support Team to further investigate the issue.

Arlo Support Center

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation