Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro3 and Smart Hub secondary user cant see library when using local storage rather than cloud

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
MagsB
Aspirant
Aspirant

We decided we did not want to continue with the cloud subscription and have attached a USD to the smarthub.  I am the primary user and am able to see the video when someone comes to the door.  I granted access to my partner and while we were under the free subscription, no problem.  Now with the local storage he is unable to see what is recorded on local storage.  How do we fix this.  (iPhone 11)

3 REPLIES 3
dcfox1
Master
Master

For Local viewing only the primary can access the hub recordings. It is a drawback but not sure why. With the cloud recordings they could see them as you said. 

MagsB
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have also since discovered that I cannot view from the USB unless I am actually at home.  I get the notification that there was motion detected but can't connect and see it until I actually get home.  That seems to be useless!  When we purchased we were told we would be able to use remotely without a subscription by using a USB.  That is not the case.  Looks like the only way to make it work properly is with a subscription.  $3.99/month for one camera and $13.49 up to 5 cameras.  So when you buy the 2 camera package you get hosed because you then have to pay more than the cost of 1 camera for the 2nd camera.  We thought we did significant research - apparently not enough.  Hugely disappointed.  Definitely did not get what we were expecting.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You did read the part about needing to use a VPN or port forwarding when you set up local recording, right? Check again for directions.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation