Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 3 won’t record videos to my phone.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Echo3898
Tutor
Tutor
Why won’t the videos record to my phone anymore? I get notifications, but no videos? That was the whole point of buying this system.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dcfox1
Master
Master

Do you have a current smart subscription. You need one for cloud recordings when your 3 month free smart trial runs out. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
dcfox1
Master
Master

Do you have a current smart subscription. You need one for cloud recordings when your 3 month free smart trial runs out. 

Echo3898
Tutor
Tutor
I don’t have one. When we were pricing out cameras, Arlo was shown as not needing a subscription. Videos wouldn’t be saved on the cloud, but could still be saved to my phone. When I look at the app, there are numbers of videos listed. However when I click on the Library, they disappear and it asks me to sign up for a subscription. I’d rather throw them in the trash than pay more money. I hope I didn’t waste my money with this system.
dcfox1
Master
Master

@Echo3898 wrote:
I don’t have one. When we were pricing out cameras, Arlo was shown as not needing a subscription. Videos wouldn’t be saved on the cloud, but could still be saved to my phone. When I look at the app, there are numbers of videos listed. However when I click on the Library, they disappear and it asks me to sign up for a subscription. I’d rather throw them in the trash than pay more money. I hope I didn’t waste my money with this system.

Not sure where you saw that or who told you but the older camera have free 7 day cloud storage but the Pro3 and newer do not. You see the cloud recordings on your phone. They are not saved directly on your  phone unless you download one from the cloud. You can record locally to the Smart Hub but not as ideal as the cloud. 

What is Direct Storage Access and how do I use it? (arlo.com)

Echo3898
Tutor
Tutor
Well that blows. Guess I’m looking for a new camera system then. Thanks for the help.
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation