Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 3 with Homekit

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
octopod
Aspirant
Aspirant

Greetings,

I hope I can get some clarification here for Arlo Pro 3 to be compatible with Homekit. I bought my Arlo 3 Pro set back last year in the hope that it would get a firmware upgrade to be compatible with Homekit. But now after all the good news, I checked my Arlo iOS app, it doesn't look like I'm able to pair with Homekit at all. I checked my Base station model to be VMB4540r2. Is this the same as VMB4540? And the firmware is 1.16.1.3_495_1a608c1. Can anyone point out to me what I'm missing here? 

I followed the instructions to add Homekit from Arlo App (without the code) but I don't see any selection for Homekit at all from the Base Station. Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
octopod
Aspirant
Aspirant

SOLVED!

Just got a set of questions from Arlo Support Team and it became a DUH moment instantly. The missing part was to enable Arlo to access Homekit data in the iOS settings: Settings -> Privacy -> Homekit and make sure the toggle for Arlo is set to ON. Only then, Homekit can be selected from within Arlo app.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
octopod
Aspirant
Aspirant

SOLVED!

Just got a set of questions from Arlo Support Team and it became a DUH moment instantly. The missing part was to enable Arlo to access Homekit data in the iOS settings: Settings -> Privacy -> Homekit and make sure the toggle for Arlo is set to ON. Only then, Homekit can be selected from within Arlo app.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation