Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 3 will i still be required to purchase a cloud storage plan to view this new device history

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jeff000001
Follower
Follower

Hello,  I have a the older Arlo Pro base station and 2 Arlo cameras with the 7 day cloud storage included at no cost.  I want to add a third camera, but the version I have is no longer available.  It seems the newer models of cameras are compatible with the existing base station but it would appear the free cloud storage now requires a subscription.  If I add a new Arlo Pro3/4Ultra, etc camera to my existing system, will i still be required to purchase a cloud storage plan to view this new device history?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dcfox1
Master
Master

@jeff000001 wrote:

Hello,  I have a the older Arlo Pro base station and 2 Arlo cameras with the 7 day cloud storage included at no cost.  I want to add a third camera, but the version I have is no longer available.  It seems the newer models of cameras are compatible with the existing base station but it would appear the free cloud storage now requires a subscription.  If I add a new Arlo Pro3/4Ultra, etc camera to my existing system, will i still be required to purchase a cloud storage plan to view this new device history?

Yes models newer then the Pro2 since 2018 required a subscription after the 3 month trial runs out for cloud storage. Your older cams will remain the same. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
dcfox1
Master
Master

@jeff000001 wrote:

Yes models newer then the Pro2 since 2018 required a subscription after the 3 month trial runs out for cloud storage. Your older cams will remain the same. 

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation