Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
arlost99
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just purchased the Arlo Pro 3 4 camera kit and when I try to speak through the camera it just continuously clicks. All firmware is latest - updated out of the box.

IOS 12.4.2 iPhone 6 plus

10 REPLIES 10
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

iOS has had issues now and then ...have you tried this via the web access to see if it's the system or phone ??

https://my.arlo.com

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

arlost99,

When you say "it just continuously clicks" do you mean the camera clicks or are you hearing a click from your mobile device? Is audio working for recordings for that camera? Do all cameras behave the same way?

JamesC

arlost99
Aspirant
Aspirant
The camera clicks. It sounds like speaker is trying to work but isn’t. Yes it is the same on all cameras. Audio works on recordings. The sound works one way but not the other.
arlost99
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m not sure what you mean by via web access. How would I do this?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

arlost99,

If all cameras are behaving the same way, this isn't likely to be an issue with the camera specifically. 

On iOS, when using the Push to Talk feature, you need to tap the microphone icon on the live stream to initiate push to talk mode. The mic by default is open, you can then tap the microphone icon to mute if you want to silence the mic. Is this how you're testing?

TomMac is referring to testing on another device (such as a laptop) by navigating to my.arlo.com and logging in from a web browser. This will help isolate the issue to your Arlo setup or the mobile device you're using.

JamesC

arlost99
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, that is how I am testing.

I will try the web access to confirm.
Thanks
DavidDalrymple
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am just setting up a new 4 camera Arlo Pro 3. Neither of 2 cameras that I have setup can broadcast audio. I have tried using the app AND the web based login at my.arlo.com No sound is broadcast to either camera. I do not hear a click. Nothing. BTW, I tried selecting the model number for this product in the pull down list for this post BUT there was no choice for the Pro 3. I am now worried about anyone watching the store for quality control. lol As a side not 2-factor authentication is a nightmare as it will not remember any device and I have to send a code each time. If I hit refresh on the page...it makes me log in again. And authenticate again. So far this has not been a positive experience with my first Arlos. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Try rebooting your SmartHub and test push to talk again. Please let me know if you still experience the same behavior.

JamesC

arlost99
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried the push to talk using the web access and it works - albeit a bit poorly with the 3 second lag talking back to me. So it would seem the problem might be with my iphone. Not really helpful if I cant use that. I am on ios 12.4.2

thanks

DavidDalrymple
Aspirant
Aspirant

James,

Thanks for the suggestion. I restarted the base and the audio can now be heard on the cameras.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation