Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
HuffingtonClove
Follower
Follower

Hi all. I purchased an Arlo Pro 3 with 2 cameras. It was working fine with the smart trial but when that expired, it's stopped saving videos to the library. I still get notifications but nothing to see. I've restarted the base, removed the batteries from the cameras, removed the cameras in the app and added them again, restart my phone, reinstalled the app. I'm out of ideas!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Any camera newer than the Pro 2 requires a subscription - that's why you got a trial subscription. Without a sub you can use local recordings to the base and potentially use the app to view them (requires a VMB4540 or 5000 hub to do this without safely ejecting the drive to view on a computer.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Any camera newer than the Pro 2 requires a subscription - that's why you got a trial subscription. Without a sub you can use local recordings to the base and potentially use the app to view them (requires a VMB4540 or 5000 hub to do this without safely ejecting the drive to view on a computer.

InvictaWhites
Aspirant
Aspirant

We just added the spotlight camera to our set up - it recorded to the cloud for 3mths and has now stopped. All the other cameras still record to the cloud - so does this mean we have to buy a subscription for this one extra camera to record? It is not at all clear in saying that when purchased/advertised! 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Read my previous reply. Yes, you need a subscription after the trial runs out if you want cloud recordings.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation