Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 3 mounting options

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
EODK9Trainer
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just received this and cannot figure out how to remedy this.  I bought two cameras for now with the possibility of adding more soon.  I learned on here that I needed an outside source for charging cables that I want to leave attached.  My cameras are sitting on a mantle in the LR and a shelf in the garage.  While sitting on these I cannot leave the after market charging cable on it as of course it plugs into the bottom which is how we have to stand it up.  I do not want to mount  these to the mantle and garage wall and I don't want some large clunky option for the camera but I do need options to keep these charged 24/7.  Anyone have any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I have used double stick tape on the cameras charger attachment...  it held enough that the Ultra sat on top without falling.

You could do this to any flat heavy object instead of  mounting directly... like a small tile ,etc

( use dental floss to cut the foam tape ( sawing action ) and then remove the tape with goo b gone )

( test first if on special surfaces )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@EODK9Trainer wrote:

Just received this and cannot figure out how to remedy this.  I bought two cameras for now with the possibility of adding more soon.  I learned on here that I needed an outside source for charging cables that I want to leave attached.  My cameras are sitting on a mantle in the LR and a shelf in the garage.  While sitting on these I cannot leave the after market charging cable on it as of course it plugs into the bottom which is how we have to stand it up.  I do not want to mount  these to the mantle and garage wall and I don't want some large clunky option for the camera but I do need options to keep these charged 24/7.  Anyone have any ideas?

You could mount a small 1/4” 20 articulating mount to a block of hardwood.

https://www.amazon.com/OdiySurveil-Security-Housing-Bracket-Compatible/dp/B00R96X9DS/ref=sr_1_14?key...

Amazon.com  OdiySurveil (TM) Metal CCD Security Housing Wall Mount Bracket for Oculus, Arlo, Arlo Pro and Other Compatible CCTV.png

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@AncientGeek wrote:

@EODK9Trainer wrote:

I do not want to mount  these to the mantle and garage wall and I don't want some large clunky option for the camera but I do need options to keep these charged 24/7.  Anyone have any ideas?

You could mount a small 1/4” 20 articulating mount to a block of hardwood.

Similarly you could glue two hardwood blocks into an L shape, and attach the magnetic mount to the vertical piece.  You could also drill a hole into the vertical piece to run the cable through.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation