Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
wswhite
Tutor
Tutor

This camera system is basically a $1100 paper weight. Complete junk! This thing chirps every time the wind blows but someone just drove into my driveway, entered my garage and removed scaffolding and ladders and the only thing recorded was maybe 12" of the rear quarter panel of the truck as it left my driveway! Additionally, I have the system set to record 300 seconds of video and the video it did record was 10 seconds. Spoke to tech support and the gentleman says motion is only detected 20ft garage is 50ft! Asked how high the camera is mounted and suggests maybe the person knew this and disabled the camera! Like maybe took it down and put it back up? You would think that would be recorded too!  If your reading this and your system is within the return period with your retailer I recommend you return it and get a wired system. Of course this won't get posted in this community but thought I'd voice my dissatisfaction since someone will monitor this and maybe pass it along to someone that cares! 

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

wswhite,

Arlo Pro 3 cameras are able to detect motion up to 25 feet from the camera. Motion that occurs beyond that may still be detected but you may experience inconsistent behavior, much like what you're describing here.

For the best experience with motion detection, be sure you're following the positioning tips found here: How do I position my Arlo wire-free camera?

JamesC

FirstCup
Star
Star

Have had Pro 3 system about a week now. About 2 hours ago three people were in my small kitchen 18x15 for about a half hour walking all around doing some inspections. My pro 3 captured about 5 clips of around 30 seconds, pretty much useless coverage. Not much else to say about that.

Have used a pro 2 system for several years and worked well, until Arlo started screwing with the subscription programs.

Run, don't walk away from these systems 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation