Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 3 - legacy question

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
numb15
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hello,

I am wondering if there is news/plans on when the Arlo Pro 3 will be included as a 'legacy' camera within the EOL policy? I see the Pro and Pro 2 are currently in the most recent EOL policy.

I have the original Arlo Pro set up at home with the VMB4000 base station, thus I'm enjoying the 7 day free cloud storage. However the battery life is getting worse and rather than buying a replacement battery, I was wondering if I purchased a second hand Arlo Pro 3, will I benefit from being able to get 7 day free cloud storage from that camera once it gets announced as a 'legacy' camera?

I believe if I bought a Pro 3 now, before it gets categorized as a legacy camera, I'd need to purchase a subscription plan for cloud storage.

thanks

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@numb15 wrote: I was wondering if I purchased a second hand Arlo Pro 3, will I benefit from being able to get 7 day free cloud storage from that camera once it gets announced as a 'legacy' camera?

No.

You get the free 7-day cloud storage for your Pro cameras  because that was included in the terms of the sale.  So it has nothing to do with cameras being moved to the EoL.  The Pro 3 was not sold with free cloud storage, so you need a subscription for cloud storage - and that will not change when the camera is put on the EoL list.

FWIW, the Pro 2 cameras are not yet EoL - the date for that is 1 January 2025.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation