Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
atamt
Guide
Guide

Hello,

I have purchased 4 x Arlo Pro 3 a couple of days ago, have set everything up including activity zones. The cameras are on a Arlo Smart Plan and therefore should use cloud based activity zones, however we are getting notifications outside of the activity zones and are also seeing a small orange chevron on each camera feed image and when clicked its says 'AC power has been disconnected from your Arlo device. Activity Zones are currently disabled'

I have contacted support and they have advised that there is a known issue and they are working on it however can't see this on any status feeds from Arlo so not are if I have been told this to be fobbed off. This is the first time I have purchased Arlo kit for our business sites as we have Nest everywhere else but thought we would try wire free. Why can't it just work as advertised out the box! Very close to seeing them all back and going back to Nest however thought I would post on here to try and get a response / confirmation on the issue.

11 REPLIES 11
K80Shooter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Right now there is a issue with the activity zones. Numerous members including myself have had issues with it.

There is also a issue with the sensitivity settings which have seemed to drastically improve in the last couple of days. I have not checked to see if there has been a firmware update or what but none the less it is better.

atamt
Guide
Guide
Good to hear there is an issue I guess however there doesn't appear to be anything on the status web page.. could do with knowing what's happening really as it's fundamental to us.. will prob give it a couple of days and if there's still an issue will return them.

On the point regarding sensitivity I have left this at default for now.. is it recommended to change? Normally I would only adjust if there's and issue but can't tell yet as zones aren't working!
K80Shooter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I would recommend trying it where it's at now, that's a good starting point. If you're not satisfied with it only move it a couple of numbers at a time until you're satisfied. If you lower the sensitivity too much you'll start missing things. Make sure to make this adjustment in the "Mode" that you are using and click on save when you're through. You need to do this for each camera and also in each mode that you use.

MADMIKEMIKE
Guide
Guide
this is among several issues arlo has admitted to having.....while charging a lot for their camera.....eufy....has its own issues but for the price....might be worth it....arlo seems to have more issues.......
Mizterz
Star
Star

Have you been provided a resolution?  I have had the issue since day one.  I can't seem to get an answer from support.

Currently on the trial subscription, so cloud based activity zones should work.  This is getting quite frustrating.

sw3ll3r3
Tutor
Tutor

Still having issues on my end...waiting for a solution 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team is investigating reports of this issue. I will provide an update as soon as I have more information.

JamesC

atamt
Guide
Guide
Ok fair enough however I'm really surprised that this is the first response from Arlo on this. It a major issue that just about all users are experiencing and is a fundamental element of what you are selling. If it's not fixed very soon I suspect you will have a mass influx of returns and mine will be one of them. As I say it's my first Arlo purchase after using Nest in the past and it's fair to say it's been a pretty poor experience so far in terms of the mis sold product and very poor tech support
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Arlo recently deployed a cloud update enhancing Activity Zone accuracy. This should improve the experience for users reporting symptoms of motion detection alerts and recordings occurring outside of their defined Activity Zones. We are continuing to monitor Activity Zone behavior and will provide additional enhancements in the coming weeks.

K80Shooter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

@JamesC 

What if anything do we need to do on our end? How about deleting the existing activity zones and then adding more? 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

K80Shooter,

If you're still experiencing an issue after this release, deleting and recreating your zones is a good first step. Try creating one at a time to see if you get the desired results.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation