Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Yaknowjstone
Aspirant
Aspirant

So I just spent close to $800 for the Arlo pro 3 camera kit, and extra accessories. With that price tag, I had immediate hopes for this system to work sufficiently. I understand that all of these cameras regardless of companies aren't perfected, but still...

I really want to like the Arlo, but today after the first night of getting them set up, I woke up to close to almost 200 notifications for non-existent motion. I quickly lowered the motion sensitivity to "45" and still it keeps going off every minute, and that's just with one of the cameras. The other camera's night vision appears to be non-functioning.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Do I return them?

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you change the motion sensitivity in your modes and rules? Are any of the recordings due to audio detection? All settings for this sort of thing are in your modes and rules - check the FAQs here for full details.

Yaknowjstone
Aspirant
Aspirant

Camera was deemed defective by Arlo, and they are sending me a replacement. I put another camera in it's place, and had no issues yesterday. I also went ahead and set up specific activity zones, which I think have made a big difference. I'm quite pleased so far!

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation