Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
LuisMatus
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo pro 3 is compatible with Apple homekit?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

With the latest firmware release for VMB4540 SmartHubs, Apple HomeKit is now supported with Arlo Pro 3 cameras. For more information on this, take a look here: Apple HomeKit is now compatible with Arlo Pro 3 cameras!

JamesC

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

LuisMatus,

Arlo Pro 3 is not compatible with HomeKit at this time. We plan to have this integration available soon. Please stay tuned for more information in the coming weeks.

JamesC

LuisMatus
Aspirant
Aspirant

So if I buy the Arlo pro 3 now, in a future release or software update could be compatible with home kit? or I need to wait until the cameras comes with Apple Home kit?

dbfreeman_me_co
Initiate
Initiate
How long will this take? I never would have bought a 3 if I knew it wasn’t compatible like my 2’a are.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

It’s a goal of Arlo’s to make as many cameras compatible with these integrations as we can but we don’t have an announcement to make regarding HomeKit compatibility with Pro 3 at this time.

JamesC

rypanderson
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hoping to get some clarity here, as well. I just bought the Arlo Pro 3s for HomeKit functionality. Can a rep tell me if HomeKit will be coming to this hardware? If not, I will exchange my equipment for Arlo Pro 2. Hoping for an answer before it’s too late to exchange. Thanks
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

rypanderson,

While we hope to be able to introduce this in the future, we don’t have an announcement to make regarding HomeKit compatibility with Pro 3 at this time.

JamesC

Mmcculley1
Aspirant
Aspirant
Add me to your mailing list when you add it because that’s when I’ll update me Arlo 2 cameras to Arlo 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

With the latest firmware release for VMB4540 SmartHubs, Apple HomeKit is now supported with Arlo Pro 3 cameras. For more information on this, take a look here: Apple HomeKit is now compatible with Arlo Pro 3 cameras!

JamesC

sap3all
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is the new firmware available for download 

sap3all
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is the firmware available for download, I didn’t get any firmware update on the smart hub 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

sap3all,

Firmware updates are automatic and happen overnight. You can check your firmware by navigating to Settings > My Devices > select your VMB4540 SmartHub > Device Info > firmware. Compare the firmware version you see there to the release notes linked above.

JamesC

sap3all
Aspirant
Aspirant
Firmware on my hub is 1.12.2.0...
How many days does it take to receive the update.. I tried manually it says no update available
sap3all
Aspirant
Aspirant

Did any one get  FW VMB4540 - 1.15.0.2_371_f7780e1on VMB4540?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

sap3all,

Firmware updates are automatic, if you've not received the update, you may be experiencing a different issue. Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation