Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Maj0r
Aspirant
Aspirant

after waking up and noticing that my smarthub was offline, i did everything i could to get it back online minus a factory reset. 

after the factory reset i could find my smart hub and set it up but when i try to add my cameras via the add device tab i cannot find them, if i try to manually sync by pushing the sync button on bottom of the cameras it doesnt do anything and times out. if i hold the sync button in the camera after abound 10 seconds flashes amber a few times then blue a few times with a click between each sequence yet still cant detect it

HELP haha

is there a manual reset on the camera i need to push, is there something that i am missing?

10 REPLIES 10
jjongkp
Aspirant
Aspirant
May I ask where you are from?

There are threads in both Pro 2 and Pro 3 forums with the same problems after the latest firmware update on the 30th April.
Maj0r
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm in Australia
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@Maj0r wrote:

after the factory reset i could find my smart hub and set it up but when i try to add my cameras via the add device tab i cannot find them, if i try to manually sync by pushing the sync button on bottom of the cameras it doesnt do anything and times out. if i hold the sync button in the camera after abound 10 seconds flashes amber a few times then blue a few times with a click between each sequence yet still cant detect it

HELP haha

is there a manual reset on the camera i need to push, is there something that i am missing?

Are the batteries charged?

jjongkp
Aspirant
Aspirant
Many of us are having similar problems with the pro 2 and 3 in Singapore. We're still waiting on the development team.
Maj0r
Aspirant
Aspirant

all 5 batteries are fully charged and i cant automatically sync them to the base station nor can i manually as they aren't being picked up. 

I'm of the understanding that if my base station (vmb4540) is allowing me to search for devices after searching for possible firmware updates (of which there isn't any) then my hub itself is connected to the internet. 

would this mean that it is a problem with arlo servers?

I'm quite annoyed at the fact that i spend in excess of $2000 aud to secure my property and its belongings and all of a sudden it stops, now i can understand that software may not work as it is intended sometimes but the last time my cameras worked was on the 9th May and it is now the 16th May, plenty enough time for a company to rectify an issue with software and a duty of care to provide the type of product that they preach to their customers instead of just pointing the finger at the ISP........

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

While there's the possibility that it's an issue with the Arlo servers, it's not likely to be on ongoing issue. I would suspect the ISP or country that is causing issues (Singapore, yes, Australia, no). Who owns your router - you or the ISP? ISPs have been known to need to change configurations for their routers while default settings on privately owned routers have always allowed access. If there's an issue, you or the ISP needs to allow ports 80, 123 and 443 to arlo.com.

ANother possible issue is the specific Internet protection software in use - Kaspersky has been troublesome for a while now.

dtcameras
Initiate
Initiate
I’ve had my Arlo for approximately three years. Your issue is not isolated nor are the issues in any other country/region. I live in California and I have had an ongoing issue similar to yours a few times. I contacted Arlo about the same thing and I received the same response every single time. I agree with you 100%. A company this large has no business being in this business if they can’t resolve issues in a timely manner. As of late it’s only taken 1 to 2 days to resolve these issues but we’re right back to a week span which is unacceptable.
dcfox1
Master
Master

I have 4 pro 3 cams and have not had any problem except some quirks and no problems since firmware update. I am in US. Does seem from other threads their is a problem in singapore with their isp. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@dcfox1 wrote:

Does seem from other threads their is a problem in singapore with their isp. 

Yes, The Singapore problem is quite different.  Their bases aren't connecting - not the same as not being able to add cameras.

@Maj0r :  Have you tried adding the cameras from both the web client and the app?  

Maj0r
Aspirant
Aspirant
After another factory reset and leaving the batteries out of the cameras for 24 hours. I was able to add cameras again but i needed to delete my app and re install it to get accesss to the cameras ( had to add cameras on the web client )

Thanks for your replies and thoughts on how to rectify my issue. For now it seems to be working fine ( thankfully )
Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation