Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 3 cameras original cable won't charge without removing the battery

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Sice
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have been waiting 3 weeks to receive a cable to charge my cameras because the original cable won't charge them without removing the battery and placing the battery on a battery charger.  I contact support on December 4 or 5 concerning the issue and was first told by the representative that I need to buy another cable.  First, the cameras are still under warranty so I wasn't going to buy anything.  The representative stated he would send me a new cable.  As of today December 22, 2020 I haven't received anything so I had to contact support again.  These cameras cost to much money to be going through any issues after 5 months of purchase.  The other issue is the reject buttons no longer work so I have to remove the entire camera in order to remove the battery.  Absolutely ridiculous.  I am truly regretting this purchase.

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try using another charger that supplies 5v at 2A. Make sure the contacts on the cable and camera are clean. Can you charge a different camera with the charger/cable?

The battery release can be a bit of a problem since the weather seal has to be tight enough to keep water out. You could try a light wipe of a suitable grease to see if that helps although just cleaning the surfaces may be sufficient.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation