Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 3 cameras and hub permanently offline / unable to reset

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
zmit
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought a set of Arlo Pro 3 cameras and smart hub about 1 month ago. Set up everything as I wanted and it worked for a while. All of a sudden both cameras and hub went offline (no changes in the network infrastructure, no power outage) and would not come back online. I power cycled all the components, tried with different cables, restarting the router. All to no avail.

So I decided to reset to factory settings and start from scratch. Did it with the hub and I managed to get it back online. None of the cameras, however, can be discovered by the app anymore, so I cannot add them to my account. I followed the instructions to reset them to factory settings and to manually pair, but without success. I read somewhere that I should remove them from my account first, but they don’t show up, neither in web nor in the app.

I even tried to create a new account and pair the hub with it. But again, the cameras cannot be found.

So after just 1 month of buying this expensive set of security cameras I am stuck with a product I cannot use at all. There is no support, as “my trial plan expired” and of course I don’t want to spend even more money to just be able to use the products I paid for in the first place. 

I saw others posting a similar experience on this community and answered to get in contact with support. I would, but I don’t know how.

All in all, a pretty frustrating experience. 

1 REPLY 1
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I've opened a support ticket detailing the concerns you've posted here. An agent will reach out to you with a status update as soon as possible.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation