Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jml930
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi everyone

I've had an Arlo pro 3 and hub for 12 months. 2 cameras. Everything working perfectly fine. 
1 camera is 25 meters from the hub (through a single brick wall) the other (Cam 2 ) is within the same building - clear line of site. 

As of a month ago. Camera 1, would lose connection and not re connect. The Wifi signal would be a 2 bar. But the camera would simply stop responding. The floodlight wouldn't work. No recordings. No alerts. 
It would seem to disconnect every morning at a similar time (8am - though I'm sure that's unrelated) 

The only way to reconnect the camera 1 back to the base station, is removing it as a device from the hub and then going through the adding the new device process again. That will work for a day or maybe more, then it will lose connection again. 

Camera 2 - is still connected. 

I've even swapped the cameras around the it's basically always the camera that is furthest away that bombs out. 
When you replace a battery. A camera re connects to the base station automatically 

Why isn't the camera reconnecting and requires this complete cycle of removing and adding it again ? 
Technical support have been next to useless. 

Any ideas anyone ? 
(Arlo really need to add some type of external wifi extender)

6 REPLIES 6
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jml930,

If you've swapped cameras and it continues to occur with a different camera at the same location, the problem would seem to be the location and not that camera. You could add an additional SmartHub closer to that location and sync that camera to it to improve signal strength.

JamesC

jml930
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James

Thanks for your reply. 
The camera worked fine for 12 months. That's the odd thing. There's no new buildings nor wifi links. The line of site is fine. Apart from the 1 single break wall.  And also - once disconnected. The camera never reconnects without, removing and reinstalling the device.

Unfortunately, I'm about a close as I can get. The hub is already in a barn. 

jml930
Aspirant
Aspirant

Again - this morning 
The camera made some recordings overnight and recorded 4 movements from 6.50am to 7.10am and then crashed. 
This is the same pattern every day. Which is very strange. 

"Your camera is not connected. Make sure it's connected to your Base Station 2HD and has a working internet connection"

Any input by anyone would be greatly appreciated. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jml930,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

jml930
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just to update this post. 
I moved the camera to within 10 meters of the base station. The base station is still within the single brick barn wall. But nothing else. And once again. This morning at around 8am, the camera crashed and hasn't reconnected. 

It's like there's a cron job running somewhere on the arlo systems that's killing the camera off ? 

I will submit another support ticket. 

jml930
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've managed to resolve this myself! 
The problem was the solar panel connected to the camera. 
The camera would crash between 7am - 8am but it was to do with the sunlight, hitting the solar panel and something was then a presume some type of power surge was crashing the camera. Currently awaiting a new solar panel. 

The camera (s) work fine when the solar panel isn't connected

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation