Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ProudDad
Aspirant
Aspirant
Our Pro 3 base stopped working. Reset several times and lights intermittently change from solid blue to solid amber to blinking amber. As in going in a loop. Nothing wrong with our network. LAN cable was replaced 3x and still the same issue. APP can’t detect the base despite numerous tries. Is the base unit dead? Please help! Ty
10 REPLIES 10
Dannybear
Master
Master
What are the LEDs showing and base model?

https://kb.arlo.com/000039100/What-do-the-LEDs-on-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-Base-Station-mean

If it was in the middle of a firmware update and somehow lost internet it could be bricked.

Try power cycling the router modem first, wait until the internet is active then power cycle the base station to see if it resolves.

Alternatively try removing the camera and base station from your account, factory reset the base station and try adding again from scratch.

https://kb.arlo.com/1057976/How-can-I-reset-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-Base-Station
ProudDad
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yup I’ve done all those suggested. How will I know if its a hardware issue? Thank you
Dannybear
Master
Master
You can also try linking the cameras directly to your local wifi to confirm the internet is stable and have some monitoring.

Not sure how you could confirm a hardware issue.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Dannybear wrote:

Not sure how you could confirm a hardware issue.

You can rule out (or diagnose) a cable or router port issue by simply connecting the cable to a PC ethernet port, and see if you can access the internet (with wifi disabled).

Another test that can be useful is to see if the base station appears in the router's attached device list.

ProudDad
Aspirant
Aspirant
The VMB4540 is in the routers device list so we can rule that out 😬
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ProudDad wrote:
The VMB4540 is in the routers device list so we can rule that out 😬

Agreed.  Though you could try pinging the address from a PC, just to make sure it is responding.

Have you recently replaced the router, or changed the settings?

When you reset the base, did you first remove it from the account?

ProudDad
Aspirant
Aspirant

Base is already removed from account.   I have not upgraded the router.   The base lights just loops from blue to blinking orange to solid orange.   Never ending loop.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ProudDad wrote:

Base is already removed from account.   I have not upgraded the router.   The base lights just loops from blue to blinking orange to solid orange.   Never ending loop.

How old is the base (warranty is one year)?

ProudDad
Aspirant
Aspirant

Purchased the product on sale from Bestbuy.com November 2021.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ProudDad wrote:

Purchased the product on sale from Bestbuy.com November 2021.

Likely too late to exchange it at best buy, but you can contract Arlo support and ask for an RMA (warranty exchange).

If you have a subscription, you can use the phone support option in the app.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation