Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 3 and Essentials

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jkubat
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 5 total cameras right now, 3 are the Pro 3 and 2 are Essential. I am using the Hub. I cannot figure out how to only 1 or 2 cameras at a time, is it not possible? 1 of the cameras is on our alpacas so arming this one is useless, as it will notify constantly. I want to be able to arm only the ones on our house when we leave. My father in law has the Essential cameras and he has an easy option in the app to arm only 1 at a time but I do not. Is there anything I can do? Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jkubat wrote:

I had tried this method but the Custom mode does not seem very intuitive. For example, I "add device" and select front porch as my "if" device then I can select it again as the "do" device. I can them arm this mode but then I have only 1 device. I can add more devices in as the "do" device, however, I don't want the garage device to record because of activity on the front porch. If I create a mode for each of my devices as the "if" devices, I cannot arm all of the modes at once.

I must be doing something wrong as it should not be this difficult.

You might have missed this part of my above post: Cameras missing from the mode are disarmed.

And after you finish up the rule for the first device, you can create a second rule for a second device (making it the "if" and the "do").  Check the armed mode if you want to see the overall structure.

This can be difficult (I think the workflow to create the custom mode isn't ideal).

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jkubat wrote:

I have 5 total cameras right now, 3 are the Pro 3 and 2 are Essential. I am using the Hub. I cannot figure out how to only 1 or 2 cameras at a time, is it not possible? 1 of the cameras is on our alpacas so arming this one is useless, as it will notify constantly. I want to be able to arm only the ones on our house when we leave. My father in law has the Essential cameras and he has an easy option in the app to arm only 1 at a time but I do not. Is there anything I can do? Thank you

You create one or more custom modes - they will tell the base what cameras to arm.  Cameras missing from the mode are disarmed.

These modes can be scheduled. 

You can layer geofencing on top of the schedule - arming all cameras when you aren't home, and following the schedule when you are home.

jkubat
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had tried this method but the Custom mode does not seem very intuitive. For example, I "add device" and select front porch as my "if" device then I can select it again as the "do" device. I can them arm this mode but then I have only 1 device. I can add more devices in as the "do" device, however, I don't want the garage device to record because of activity on the front porch. If I create a mode for each of my devices as the "if" devices, I cannot arm all of the modes at once.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jkubat wrote:

You might have missed this part of my above post: Cameras missing from the mode are disarmed.

And after you finish up the rule for the first device, you can create a second rule for a second device (making it the "if" and the "do").  Check the armed mode if you want to see the overall structure.

This can be difficult (I think the workflow to create the custom mode isn't ideal).

jkubat
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ahh, I think I found what I was missing. Will test it out to confirm.

Thank you so much.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation