Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
gezkc
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi,
I've recently bought two Arlo Pro 3 cameras and Smart Hub and they're generally been working fine.

I've got them set up to send me smart notifications for People and Vehicles. I've got everything else switched off (Other motion, animals etc). However, this evening I've suddenly started receiving push notifications for Motion alerts.
When I view the videos in the library, it seems to be caused by car headlights shining onto my property, even though the cars themselves are outside my activity zones.
Does anyone know why I'm suddenly getting these alerts? My understanding is that I should only get alerts if a person or a vehicle is spotted within my activity zone. "Motion" shouldn't be getting picked up.
Thanks.
6 REPLIES 6
Allsop
Aspirant
Aspirant
This is happening to us as well. Curious if you ever got an answer?

Cars don’t create false notifications during the day but getting them at night. I am assuming due to headlights?
Yomnym
Tutor
Tutor

Same issue, since day one, one of our camera's has been triggering false alerts outside the activity zone for random cars driving by on the road.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you reduced the motion sensitivity in your modes and rules? I use zones and a setting of 25 for motion on my doorbell which works great.

Yomnym
Tutor
Tutor
Thanks for the suggestions. It’s worth a try.
gezkc
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've managed to get my cameras working properly by basically starting again. I turned off my smart notifications and rules. I then created the rules again, followed by the smart notifications (to only alert me if they pick up a person or a vehicle) and I now only get push notifications if a person or a vehicle is spotted within my activity zones.

I'm not sure if it wasn't working properly for me before because I'd set up the smart notifications before making changes to my rules? So, rules first, then setting up smart notifications seems to have fixed it.

What I do find now though is that things are only recorded in my library if I have smart notifications specifically set up for them. It doesn't record motion or animals because my smart notifications are set to only tell me if a person or a vehicle is spotted. I didn't expect recording to be restricted by the notifications settings, only push notifications, but perhaps that's how it's supposed to work?

dcfox1
Master
Master

@gezkc  Early in the year I still received the recordings for those that were off in Smart but no notifications. There were conflicting post from even mods about how it should work. As of summer I do not get those recordings that are not selected. I actually liked getting all recordings in case the server identified it wrong. 

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation