Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 3, SmartHub issue, amber led flashes

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
OstapStad
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello! I bought my Arlo Pro 3 bundle a few months ago in US. Now I live in Ukraine and I am trying to install it in my house. I haven't used it before. When I try to connect my SmartHub it connects to the Internet, but in a minute it starts flashing amber light(error). Is it because of I am in Ukraine? I tried resetting, pressing "sync" button on cams and SmartHub and a lot of other stuff. When I install USB stick it creates a folder named "Arlo" Idk what to do....
7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

How do you know it's connected to the internet? Does the router show an IP address being assigned to the hub? When trying to reset, did you hold the button for >15 seconds until the LED started flashing amber? From a computer can you ping arlo.com (from a command window type "ping arlo.com")?

OstapStad
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, I can ping arlo.com. LED is blue for around 2 minutes after power up(amber, then becomes blue). Yes, IP address is assigned. While resetting, LED starts blinking with amber, as you said
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Is the base showing an off-line status in my.arlo.com?

I'm wondering if the issue is the base itself, or whether it is the cameras not connecting with the base.

OstapStad
Aspirant
Aspirant
I can't check the SmartHub status, because of the issue. I can't even add hub to my account. App can't find any device.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@OstapStad wrote:
 I can't even add hub to my account. App can't find any device.

If you are trying to add it with your phone, then try adding it from a PC browser using my.arlo.com

OstapStad
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just tried to add my SmartHub from a laptop and it says "no devices found" or smth just like this.
OstapStad
Aspirant
Aspirant
There's a strange thing. Even if I disconnect Ethernet it shows the same LED behavior. Amber(~1 min), then blue(~1 min) and then amber error blinking
Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation