Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 3 - Smart Notifications not available for users granted access

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
mbuskirk5
Follower
Follower

I have an Arlo Pro 3 system. I have been using the Smart Notifications and really like them. I granted access to my wife, but she does not have the Smart Notifications option available to her.

Below is a picture of all the settings and access that I have granted her.

2020-03-30 19.07.13.jpg

The next photo shows the option for Smart Notifications that appears on my phone under the heading Arlo Smart.

2020-03-30 19.06.50.png

The photo below is the options that appear on my wife's phone. Notice that the Arlo Smart heading isn't there at all.

2020-03-30 19.09.31.jpg

So my question: is it possible for my wife to get access to Smart Notifications? If so, how do I do it?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

mbuskirk5,

Your wife will still receive Smart notifications, she just cannot manage which cameras are active and inactive on the Arlo Smart plan. This function resides in the "Smart Notifications" settings you show pictured and is only accessible from the primary users account.

JamesC

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JamesC wrote:

This function resides in the "Smart Notifications" settings you show pictured and is only accessible from the primary users account.

Just to clarify this - you can't choose what smart notifications you want to receive on each device.  You are choosing what notifications are sent to all devices.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation