Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 3 Local Storage Viewing

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
wswhite
Tutor
Tutor

Evidently I can't view videos in my Library in Chrome. I get the following message: "This video is not able to play in your browser. Please download to view." This is far from convenient especially when there are numerous videos and they are ridiculously small!

Additionally,  to view local recordings I have to remove the USB device from my hub and then view the videos from the USB device by plugging it into my computer? Good lord who came up with that idea!

So the question is how do I know when I have local videos available to view? Do they appear in my Library and if so how do I distinguish them from cloud recordings?

Thanks in advance.

wwhite

3 REPLIES 3
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@wswhite wrote:

Evidently I can't view videos in my Library in Chrome. I get the following message: "This video is not able to play in your browser. Please download to view." This is far from convenient especially when there are numerous videos and they are ridiculously small!

You need to investigate the compact of Flash settings. I can see library recordings in Chrome.

@wswhite wrote:

Additionally,  to view local recordings I have to remove the USB device from my hub and then view the videos from the USB device by plugging it into my computer? Good lord who came up with that idea!

Hang in there. We have been promised browser access to local recordings. It should happen before the first anniversary of the Ultra launch and the end of the first year's bundled subscription.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Any recording of >1080p isn't playable in most browsers. It's a browser limitation.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

Any recording of >1080p isn't playable in most browsers. It's a browser limitation.

Likely that is the case.  Try using Edge - that should work if the PC has HEVC support in the graphics chipset.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation