Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight Micro USB Not Working

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
OHHomeowner02
Aspirant
Aspirant

We have had an Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight for the past year. The battery recently died so I took it down to charge it with the micro USB, but after having it plugged in for 24 hours, it hasn't charged even 1% despite the app saying it is charging.

For what it's worth, when I plug in the micro USB, the light flashes blue for a few seconds before turning off. I've tried two different micro USB wires - both work with other devices, but are not charging the Arlo.

Please help!

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@OHHomeowner02 wrote:

For what it's worth, when I plug in the micro USB, the light flashes blue for a few seconds before turning off. I've tried two different micro USB wires - both work with other devices, but are not charging the Arlo.

Did you also try a different charger?  Or just two cables with the same charger?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Proactively charging the battery before it completely drains is the best solution. 

You can try this FAQ (for an older camera) to see if it helps:

https://kb.arlo.com/000052305/My-Arlo-Pro-or-Arlo-Pro-2-battery-is-dead-what-do-I-do

OHHomeowner02
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes - I tried different charging cables and different chargers. No luck.

We also tried to reset the device and now can't attach it to our hub anymore either. Even though the battery doesn't charge, when it is plugged in, the lights flash and it will scan the RFID on my phone, but it won't connect and won't charge.

OHHomeowner02
Aspirant
Aspirant

We've done these steps many times and no response. We also tried to reset the device and now it can't be paired. Before that though, the app told me it was charging, but after days, it was still at 0%. When I disconnected, it said it was 0% too.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since it may be a faulty camera (hopefully within warranty), use the app to go to Settings, Support and choose your camera. Scroll down to Contacts to see what official support may offer.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation