Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 3 Firmware Update Noisy Camera

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
DM_A2019
Tutor
Tutor

Arlo sent a firmware update back at the end of March (firmware 1.060.11.1_7_f03cf44) and one of my cameras didn't want to do the update. I kept trying to manually update but would get an error code every time. It finally pushed the update through a few days in but meanwhile the repeated attempts to update drained the battery. From the day it attempted the update my camera began making this horrible high pitched noise randomly throughout the day and even after the update it's continued. The noise can last for a few seconds or several minutes straight and can be heard even a house away. I've tried every solution their so-called "support" would give me and nothing has stopped the noise. Of course I've owned the system now for just over a year and a half so I'm out of warranty. Any suggestions to what is going on and how to fix this issue? I've replaced the battery a number of times (swapped with other cameras), moved locations, re-synced the system and camera etc but nothing seems to help. Really frustrated that a firmware update THEY sent out could just destroy my cameras causing me to have to purchase a new one.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DM_A2019
Tutor
Tutor

I’m posting an update just in case anyone else runs into this same problem. I ended up doing a sync on both the base station and camera at the same time while they were positioned directly next to one another. After making a lot of noise immediately after the sync, the camera has now been working without any noise issues for over a week. Hoping it finally resolved the issue and the annoying noises won’t return.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

DM_A2019,

How often does it make this sound? Does it do this when the camera is idle, streaming or recording?

JamesC

DM_A2019
Tutor
Tutor

It's been making the noise at random. Some days it will go off several times per hour and then I've had it not make the sound for a few days. I've removed the camera and placed it somewhere I could observe what the potential causes could be and recording is definitely a trigger. It also has trouble connecting to live view at times and once live view is turned off it can trigger the sound immediately after but it doesn't happen while actually streaming. I don't know if it makes the sound just while it's idle though. I went ahead and resynced both the base station and the camera while they were directly next to one another and after it made some horrible noises it hasn't triggered the noise for over 24 hours. I'm hoping perhaps it fixed the issue but since it's gone without making the noise for a few days at times I'll just have to wait and see. 

DM_A2019
Tutor
Tutor

I’m posting an update just in case anyone else runs into this same problem. I ended up doing a sync on both the base station and camera at the same time while they were positioned directly next to one another. After making a lot of noise immediately after the sync, the camera has now been working without any noise issues for over a week. Hoping it finally resolved the issue and the annoying noises won’t return.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation