Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
mandy54
Follower
Follower
I just bought a set of three cameras with their hub. The cameras are only 40 ft away from hub, but still they have very low connectivity with the hub. The wireless connection is orange with only one line. This is brand new and it is supposed to work up to 300 ft away. What can be wrong?
2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@mandy54 wrote:
I just bought a set of three cameras with their hub. The cameras are only 40 ft away from hub, but still they have very low connectivity with the hub. The wireless connection is orange with only one line. This is brand new and it is supposed to work up to 300 ft away. What can be wrong?

What is in between the hub and the cameras?

Are you seeing lost connections when you try to live stream?

brh
Master
Master

@mandy54 

The 300 feet distance is under ideal conditions with no walls, etc. between the hub and the cameras. Different building materials, the number of walls or obstacles between the hub and the cameras, how crowded your router channel, interference from other devices, etc. all have a bearing on how far you can place the cameras away from the hub. Generally, I would say that 50 to 60 feet is normal. Try moving your hub higher and closer to windows, or in a location with less walls between the hub and cameras.

Brian

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation