Arlo Pro 3 Chat with Louis Chen, Product Manager for Wire-Free cameras Thursday 9/26 at 11 a.m. PT
With this week’s introduction of the new Arlo Pro 3 2K HDR Wire-Free Cameras, we’re hosting a live chat in the Arlo Community with Louis Chen, Arlo product manager for wire-free cameras. Please join us at 11AM PT this Thursday 9/26/19 as he discusses and takes your questions about the all-new Arlo Pro 3 camera.
If you can’t make it during the scheduled live chat, we will leave this thread open until the end of the day Thursday 9/26/19 to allow you to post questions for Louis.
Louis Chen is a product manager for Arlo’s wire-free cameras. In this role, he is responsible for Arlo Pro, Pro 2 and the newly announced Pro 3 cameras. Prior to Arlo, Louis worked in diverse technical fields involving satellites, cloud infrastructure and smart home products at Western Digital, G-Technology and SSL (A Maxar Company, BAE Systems). During his tenure at Western Digital, Louis launched the world’s most popular personal cloud storage device, the My Cloud Home.
We look forward to having you join the conversation!
@BarnabusSpeakEZ from twitter @ArloSmartHome is this compatible with the older base station (arlo pro)
Yes. In fact, the Arlo Pro 3 camera is compatible with VMB5000, VMB4540, VMB4000, and VMB4500. Please refer to this KB article for more details. https://kb.arlo.com/000062253/Is-Arlo-Pro-3-backwards-compatible-with-my-existing-Arlo-system
Here is a question from JS on Facebook: What is the difference between arlo pro 3 and 4k?
Arlo Pro 3 cameras feature 2K QHD with 2560x1440 resolution. Arlo Ultra cameras have 4K resolution at 3840x2160. This means you will see more details with the Arlo Ultra.
From JA on Facebook:
I want to add one of the Pro 3 cameras to my pro 2 system. I also would like to be able to give someone (like my kids) access to viewing the recordings but without giving them the ability to delete videos or turn off cameras (I got teenagers) that would be awesome!
Question from JA on Facebook: "I want to add one of the Pro 3 cameras to my pro 2 system. I also would like to be able to give someone (like my kids) access to viewing the recordings but without giving them the ability to delete videos or turn off cameras (I got teenagers) that would be awesome!"
1) Yes, In fact, Arlo Pro 3 cameras are compatible with VMB5000, VMB4540, VMB4000, and VMB4500. Please refer to this KB article for more details. https://kb.arlo.com/000062253/Is-Arlo-Pro-3-backwards-compatible-with-my-existing-Arlo-system
2) Yes, you can give access to your kids, loved ones, or friends as long as they have an account, and you add them as a friend in your Arlo account. Here are some KB articles to help with that:
- How to add friends to my Arlo account: https://kb.arlo.com/000039122/How-do-I-add-friends-to-my-Arlo-account
- How to edit my friends privileges: https://kb.arlo.com/1101077/How-do-I-edit-my-friend-s-privileges-in-my-Arlo-account
- What privileges do my friends have when i grant them access: https://kb.arlo.com/1103229/What-privileges-do-my-friends-have-when-I-grant-them-access-rights-in-my...
The Arlo Pro 3 comes with a 3 month Arlo Smart trial that includes 2K recordings to the cloud with 30 days of history. After your trial is over, you will need to sign up for an Arlo Smart Plan to continue to record to the cloud.
So, a 3 month trial for 2K recordings. Okay, does this mean 1080p recordings are included for 7 days or do I need a subscription for all recordings regardless of resolution? How much is the subscription and what plan do I need? Sorry, jus t trying to understand if I want this over my free Arlo Pro and Pro 2 cameras.