Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 3: Cannot Disable Microphone

Discussion stats
  • 31 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
MrBluesky
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the problem that the device is still recording and sending audio to the cloud, despite being disabled in the settings of the camera.

I tried changing the settings in Android and Web, but both don't do anything.

Anyone has a solution? Is this a bug?

31 REPLIES 31
K80Shooter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

@JamesC 

I have had numerous problems since reinstalling the app but I think I have them all worked out now.

But as for the mic., no it is still picking up vehicle engines and voices next to one camera and on another it still picks up people talking. I have not checked the third camera.

I do have a question for you though. In another part of the app I noticed a place where you can disable either the microphone or the speaker. does this need to be set any certain way? I have not tried adjusting these but I have made sure the voice recording is not checked in the mode settings.

petevec
Aspirant
Aspirant

K80Shooter,

You can adjust the sensitivity of sound and motion detection located initial screen press the three dots(...) . Microphone and motion toggle should be green in device settings.

Sensitivity settings as follows;
1 Mode
2 press green pen
3 select device
4 select motion or audio pen for sensitivity and adjust sliding scale.
4 press green button to save top right of screen.
This solve the problem for my Arlo Pro 3 audio issues.

K80Shooter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

@petevec 

Thanks, I have done that but it didn't help.

K80Shooter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Ok here's my latest update,

From the home page I went to the Settings icon on the top right of screen,

This take me to My Devices

I then clicked on a camera which went to camera settings,

From there I went to Audio Settings,

Here I turned both the microphone and the speaker off.

This has stopped all sound recordings. My question to James C is: Is this how it's supposed to work? If so why is there a box to either check or uncheck in the mode settings as mentioned in above post's?

Thanks

David aka K80Shooter

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

K80Shooter,

Within modes/rules, you can set your camera to record on motion and/or audio detection. Disabling Audio detection here means your camera won't trigger when noise is detected (only motion) but audio will still be present in a video recording that was triggered by motion. This allows audio to still be captured for events that have been triggered by motion.

If you do not want audio on your recordings at all, you can disable to the microphone within Settings > My Devices > select the camera > Audio settings > toggle the microphone off. This will result in your recordings having no audio.

JamesC

K80Shooter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Thanks, James C,

I understand now. That's how I have it now.

K80Shooter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

@JamesC 

I'm not sure what's changed but today I noticed that I was recording sound again. I rechecked the settings as described above and they are still showing as turned off.

I'm not sure when this started back as I normally keep the sound turned off on my computer. Now for me this is no big deal but I can see how others might think it's an invasion of privacy.

Discussion stats
  • 31 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation