Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 19 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
UpNorth88
Aspirant
Aspirant

Recently all of my Arlo Pro 3 cameras that came with the base station show offline, however an Arlo Essentials camera that I later added still works fine.

is there any update issues with the new UI?

19 REPLIES 19
Patrick7C
Aspirant
Aspirant

We have 6 Arlo cameras connected to a base station.  4 are Pro 3’s and 2 are just Pro’s.  Over the last week or so all 4 Pro 3’s show offline but the 2 Pro’s work fine.  Nothing has changed in connection or distance.  They had plenty of battery a week ago.  There was an app update recently also.  

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Patrick7C 

Thanks for reaching out, are you still experiencing this symptom?

PHILDAVIS
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue - did you find a fix?

I have (4) H10 [Not connecting and (2) H9 that work fine
Thanks!

Patrick7C
Aspirant
Aspirant

Some how all 4 Pro 3’s batteries drained at the same time to zero. I plugged them back in. After a min when the blue light is blinking I pressed the sync button on the base station and they showed online again. Been normal since. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What does the hub's LED show? It should be solid blue. Have you power cycled the hub? Are the batteries in the Pro 3 cameras charged?

DFWJosh
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have also experienced this same issue.   At first the hub was flashing red but I power cycled the hub and now it’s solid green.   However only one of the cameras shows online.   The other four cameras have power and I power cycled them but they still show offline.   I have not changed anything with my settings or WiFi recently, they are not overheating since one is actually indoors.   Not sure what else to try.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You say the other cameras have power - do you mean the batteries are charged or that they are plugged in?

UpNorth88
Aspirant
Aspirant

The cameras are at a remote location that I have not yet been able to get to. All batteries are charged but even after restarting the base station I can only see the Essentials (H8) camera that was added to the Arlo Pro 3 (4) camera system.

All 4 original cameras that are (H10) are offline.

bsilva27
Aspirant
Aspirant

Why all of a sudden my camera outside shows offline ? But the rest of my indoor cameras work perfectly fine ?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is the battery charged? What have you tried and what do you see? All details are useful.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's possible that those batteries are depleted if they were trying to connect to a base that was offline. It would seem that someone has to be physically present to be able to troubleshoot further. Is there a friend who has access?

UpNorth88
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am going there today, however the batteries are definitely not depleted.

Mjweenz
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am receiving motion alerts but no video from my system. This started 4 days ago, about the time of the massive crash. I am 800 miles away from my home. Is there anyway to reset the system remotely?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Mjweenz 

I am seeing the base station reporting as offline. Does your app or web portal report as device(s) offline? 

Mjweenz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, the app shows everything including the base station as offline but I am still getting motion notifications.

Mike

Bandbuster
Aspirant
Aspirant

Base station is VMB4000....they were all working for the first few days but now only the new Pro 5 cameras are working...all 3 of the Pro 2's remain offline

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

1) Try removing one Pro 2 camera from your account and sync it back. Did that help?

2) @JamesC , @ShayneS , @BrookeN  backend sync please. This may take a while for the mods to be able to perform this.

3) If all else fails, remove all devices connected to your base as well as the base from your account and start fresh, as if new.

Bandbuster
Aspirant
Aspirant

Fixed….resyncing each camera has worked…thank you

bsilva27
Aspirant
Aspirant

after reading these community boards I did a whole reset on the arlo cameras and base , deleted them, reinstalled them . And the one that has to be me the most problems has been my outdoor one . I reconnected the base and the camera close to

the router , it gave me a prompt to install a firmware update.  I installed the update and it tells me to wait 5 minutes at most , it doesn’t even go 5 minutes and it tells me it was unsuccessful. I keeps retrying and it tells me the it’s unsuccessful over and over . 
i left the camera overnight charging next to the router and the base . After a full day, the camera turns on and is actively working as if the update had done itself. I assume it worked, I turn off the camera as I am moving to its place outdoor and I have it wired connected to an outlet so the camera never dies . By the way, the camera is not too far away from the base and the router. I turn the camera on and it’s tells me it’s offline .  My other 3 cameras are indoor, are father apart from the base,  and they work perfectly fine when I have them on . 
Any other suggestions ? 

Discussion stats
  • 19 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation