Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
buigbern
Initiate
Initiate

Is there any difference between Arlo Pro 3 US and Europe CAMERA Version?

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

buigbern,

While the hardware for the camera is the same, the kits come packaged with accessories such as the charging cable and power adapter that may be specific to the region in which they are purchased. This ,however, does not prevent the camera from being used in another geography. For example, a Pro 3 camera that was purchased in the US can be synced with a Pro 3 system that was purchased and set up in Europe.

JamesC

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Yes, but do the restrictions on  where the "bundled" subscription will work?

For example, buy an UItra camera in the USA and you cannot use the one-year cloud access in the UK. (And vice versa?)

Solved: Re: Arlo Ultra - Smart Plan - Arlo Communities

The free 1 year plan is only claimable in the country in which the system was purchased.

Pro 3s come with just three-months, but still worth having.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

One more comment, the mains adapter that comes with stuff from the USA usually says 100-120 Volts, or something similar. In reality – I have tried with half a dozen or so adapters – they will happily work on 240 V without going bang.

I have had them running for years on the "wrong" voltage.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

michaelkenward,

Thanks for pointing that out. My original post was intended to suggest that while the hardware should work, the additional contents of the kit may not be appropriate for different locations (accessories, included subscription bundles etc.). When purchasing Arlo products, we encourage you to purchase locally to be sure all of the included contents are designed for use in your country.

JamesC

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@JamesC wrote:

michaelkenward,

Thanks for pointing that out. My original post was intended to suggest that while the hardware should work

A fair assumption given the first question, but I thought there was no harm in throwing in answers to other "export" questions that have come up here.

On the basis of equipment sent to me from the USA, your reply is in line with my experience. Imports work just fine.

Just another user
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation