Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ChrisM_92
Aspirant
Aspirant

I wonder if anyone can help? I have an Arlo VMS4330-100EUS 3 camera kit and have connected the base station (VMB4000) to my router as per the instructions. After a couple of minutes or so the power LED turns solid green as does the internet light. The internet light flashes occasionally indicating connection between the base station and router. The router client list shows that the base station is connected as it has assigned IP address 192.168.0.100 however neither the App or the Windows web setup detects that the base station is connected. I have tried resetting the base station.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Make sure that your phone Z(or desktop) where the app is running is connected to the same network as the base..

ie. make sure that wifi is enabled and that the SSID you're connected to is from the same router that the base is connected to. You only need to do this once during setup so that the app can identify the base and then the cameras.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Make sure that your phone Z(or desktop) where the app is running is connected to the same network as the base..

ie. make sure that wifi is enabled and that the SSID you're connected to is from the same router that the base is connected to. You only need to do this once during setup so that the app can identify the base and then the cameras.

ChrisM_92
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you so much. I tried disabling the 5 GHz SSID last night and reconnecting. Again the solid green lights appears to show that the base station had connected but the App would not recognise the base station.

This morning I disabled the 2.4 GHz SSID, reconnected the base station to the router and then reset the base station using the reset button - instant success.

I suspect I could have disabled either the 2.5 or 5GHz bands and then reset the router and the base station would have connected.

Thanks again. brilliant!

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation