Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 21 Replies
  • 10 Likes
  • 13 In Conversation
atamt
Guide
Guide

In addition to the orange triangle and error message stating AC power has been disconnected from your Arlo device. Activity Zones are currently disabled, which I have reported to Arlo, I am also getting lots of notifications outside of the activity zones, they don't appear to be working properly.

Why is it that in the App activity zones are created using rectangles but in the web browser activity zones are created using multi point zones??? 

Im new to Arlo having previously always used Nest and I am amazed how I am experiencing so many issues in their products so far! and to be honest their support seems pretty poor too in comparison to Nest.

21 REPLIES 21
dcfox1
Master
Master

I was wondering about the difference between app and we portal also. 

Polletje
Tutor
Tutor
I am having the exact same issues that you are describing. I didn’t have the orange triangle error during the trial, but now with the paid subscription it’s now popping up.

Activity zones really don’t work as I am getting notifications all day long. Would really like this solved or answered by Arlo.
Harpo53
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having the same issue with one of my cameras, any answers or solutions yet?

atamt
Guide
Guide
Unfortunately not, I've provided lots of info to them including screenshots and video footage but heard nothing back. I'm giving it another week and if not fixed I'm sending them back. They shouldn't really be selling them if they have such a fundamental issue as they're not fit for purpose
Jetlaag
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just upgraded from the Pro 2 to Pro 3.  I have the same orange triangles saying that AC power has been disconnected & my Activity Zones are currently disabled.   I have the free 3-month subscription and I actually signed up for the Arlo Smart Premier plan with my credit card.  I thought this might solve the problem, but it did not.  I have set up 2 Activity Zones I want in my front yard and unfortunately I just got up today and have 45 recordings of my bushes moving, which are NOT in the Activity Zone.  I honestly don’t think the Activity Zones are working.  However, I do not get any orange triangles on my app, only on the website.    Also, when I go to a live view on a camera on the website on my computer it takes up to a minute to connect or it fails and times out.    My computer is 2 feet away from the Smart Hub.   I hope there is a fix to these issues or I may start looking at other camera systems and take this back.

NAMM
Guide
Guide
First of all I’m a first time user of the Arlo.... I’d say the install was easy but holy crap... notifications need to stop! I went through set up the zones and all the jazz but if I’m sitting on my front porch, buzz buzz buzz buzz. How crazy is that! I got the system to protect the house and family but is more annoying than anything. So I thought let me subscribe get the 24/7 recording so I can turn the notifications off.... in reading other questions I can’t have the cameras only run on solar panels as the 24/7 recording needs ac power. So after my free 3 month subscription is over I feel like the system is a waste of money. I won’t be able to go back and review what happened, the system is slow to record the happenings ( ALERT : drive way - me taking the trash cans back and all it records is the last 2 seconds of me in the video frame...USELESS). I need recommendations! How or what do I need to have wireless video coverage ( want with solar panels So I don’t need to run power ac lines), ability to see any video the cameras record, and faster recording times
Mizterz
Star
Star

Has anyone received or figured out a solution to this?  I have 3 Arlo Pro 3 cameras and I am experiencing the exact same issues.  I have done hours of troubleshooting on my own and with Arlo tech support.  Not getting anywhere.

Open for suggestions, or I guess I will be sending them back.

Polletje
Tutor
Tutor
No and it’s getting a bit annoying as well.
Arlo and their team seem to systematically ignore our feedback on the pro 3 and are not using the community/forum as a way to connect with their customers. At this point I wouldn’t recommend any Arlo product to anyone.
Dbaves
Initiate
Initiate
Having same issue. After my 3 mo trial expired one of my cameras started showing this triangle with warnings saying disconnected from AC, activity zones disabled. I’ve never connected this camera to AC, that’s why it has a battery. The activity zones are still there on the app but nothing gets recorded. I still get a notification. I have tried rebooting, which didn’t fix anything.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Dbaves wrote:
Having same issue. After my 3 mo trial expired one of my cameras started showing this triangle with warnings saying disconnected from AC, activity zones disabled. I’ve never connected this camera to AC, that’s why it has a battery. The activity zones are still there on the app but nothing gets recorded. I still get a notification. I have tried rebooting, which didn’t fix anything.

Activity zones either need a paid subscription or AC power.  So if you let your trial subscription expire, then your AC warning is appropriate.  Your activity zones are still set up, but won't function. 

Others are seeing the AC warning when the camera is on a paid subcription, and that is a bug.  And many are also reporting that their activity zones aren't working.  But your case is different.  

Dbaves
Initiate
Initiate
Actually, I was wrong, my subscription goes through June 8. So I seem to be experiencing the same bug as others.
Mizterz
Star
Star

I am currently under the 3-month trial subscription.  I was told that this is the same as a paid Smart Subscription.  I am hoping to see a resolution for this soon.

sw3ll3r3
Tutor
Tutor

You are not the only one. A lot of us are having this extremely annoying issue and it is driving me up the wall. Support doesn't have much to say besides the same cookie cutter "reset your device" solutions. All the "super users" on here provide the same responses which I think we all understand that the issue is not our cameras being out of subscriptions it is a bug that is not being addressed fast enough. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team is investigating reports of this issue. I will provide an update as soon as I have more information.

JamesC

Polletje
Tutor
Tutor

JamesC, thanks for your response. Since a few days the triangle/error has disappeared but this didn't solve the huge amount of notifications that I am still receiving. For now I think that Activity Zones are still not working properly.

Please update us on the progress. Can you also inform us where we can find information on fixes and/or releases?

Jaguar99
Initiate
Initiate

Pretty much the same issue here with the constant notifications.  Once I connected my cameras to power and set up the activity zones, I started getting 50-75 notifications and videos of moths and bugs every day. I’ve adjusted my camera sensitivities down to under 30% but it hasn’t changed anything, and now I’m afraid I might not capture actual motion that I might be interested.  It’s the camera that cried wolf, I don’t bother to look at the notifications anymore because I just assume it’s another insect flying by the camera.  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A recent update was deployed to the Arlo cloud that should address the accuracy of Activity Zones. This should improve accuracy by more reliably sending notifications only when motion occurs within defined zones. More work is being done to improve the behavior of Arlo Smart notifications and to fix the Activity Zones error that some users are seeing when not using an AC adapter (battery only). Stay tuned for future updates.

JamesC

Janexhu
Initiate
Initiate
I just updated the app. Still have the ac power disconnection error, and I can not delete activity zones. Can not get hold of customer service, so frustrating
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Janexhu,

To use activity zones without AC power connected, an Arlo Smart subscription is required. Do you have an active Arlo Smart subscription?

JamesC

Jaguar99
Initiate
Initiate

I’m just coming to the end of my 3 month trial subscription on Arlo Smart and my new Pro 3 system.  I continue to be disappointed at the cameras false triggering.  Every morning I’ve got 40-60 video clips of bugs, moths, etc that are often flagged as “person” or “animal” but yet on at least two occasions I’ve watched a 20 lb raccoon walk up to my door and the system has not recorded that event. My cameras are connected to AC. And I’ve tried lots of different activity zone configurations.  I am having difficulty trying to determine the value of paying for this service. My old original arlo Wire-free system and my Netgear cameras before that were rock solid.  This one cries wolf so often I cant pay attention to the constant notifications and almost isn’t of any value from a real time security standpoint.  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jaguar99,

If you are experiencing issues with Activity Zones, please take a look at the following KB articles for best performance and troubleshooting tips:

How do I troubleshoot problems with Arlo activity zones?

What are activity zones and how do I create them?

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 21 Replies
  • 10 Likes
  • 13 In Conversation