Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Base Station not available to granted user - affecting local storage video viewing

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
triangleman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

I have an Arlo Pro 3 system -- 3 cameras plus a Base Station.  I use local storage for any recorded events.  Everything is great with my account.

I granted access to my wife.  She gets all the same alerts as me, but she cannot view the videos on the local storage.  Upon further examination, if I look at my account I see the Base Station and 3 cameras.  When I log into her account (with all access granted as well as "Allow Access Rights" checked), she sees all 3 cameras under "Shared Devices," but does not see the base station.  I suspect this is why she cannot access any of the recordings on the local USB storage.

I have logged into my account to grant access and confirmed that I can only share 3 cameras and "Allow Access Rights."  There does not seem to be a way for me to share the hub, which of course is critical for my wife to review any footage from the alerts she is receiving.  How do I grant her access to be able to review local storage footage?

Any advice is welcome.  Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@triangleman wrote:

I granted access to my wife.  She gets all the same alerts as me, but she cannot view the videos on the local storage. 

Unfortunately, that is one of several limitations with direct access to local storage.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@triangleman wrote:

I granted access to my wife.  She gets all the same alerts as me, but she cannot view the videos on the local storage. 

Unfortunately, that is one of several limitations with direct access to local storage.

triangleman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the reply!  Sharing username and password it is.  😑

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation