Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Android APP

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
harleyman1450
Apprentice
Apprentice

good day to all I currently own the Arlo Pro 3 camera system. My question is on the app (Android) the manual photo and video icons disappeared... They are present when I log in to the Windows web portal allowing me to manually capture a video or a photo. I could swear they were on their last week since I took several manual photos and video shots. The icons have disappeared from all my android phones one being the S9   and the other being the s7. Both phones are running different versions of Android the s9 being the latest    So that pretty much eliminates the OS       any comments would be welcomed ... From what I am reading on older post  this has happened to users using IOS Apple (The icons randomly disappearing) 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

harleyman1450,

Do you have 2K local live streaming enabled? If you do, when your device is on the same network as the cameras, it will not be able to manually record or take snapshots because the stream is in 2K.

Turn off wifi (this will force the device to use mobile data) and you should be able to record or take snapshots for the 1080p stream.

JamesC

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

harleyman1450,

Do you have 2K local live streaming enabled? If you do, when your device is on the same network as the cameras, it will not be able to manually record or take snapshots because the stream is in 2K.

Turn off wifi (this will force the device to use mobile data) and you should be able to record or take snapshots for the 1080p stream.

JamesC

harleyman1450
Apprentice
Apprentice

Excellent thanks    worked like a charm

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation