Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
trjeff
Aspirant
Aspirant

smart hub will not do firmware update.  Keeps failing.  I've tried multiple times to fix it by resetting the hub, unplugging and replugging in, rebooting my phone, deleted all devices on the app and deleted the app and reinstalled - nothing works.  Any ideas?  

Edit #1 - I bypassed the failed update by selecting "try again later" then went to add my cameras, but now I can't get the smart hub to come online.  It keeps telling me that this Arlo device is online.  Do I remove the device from the app and start all over again, or do I just reboot the smart hub again?

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'd swap at the store.

trjeff
Aspirant
Aspirant
I may have to go that route with support but trying this first. When I first bought the system it set up just fine. Then both cameras got water ingress and they stopped working so support replaced them. the new cameras just arrived so I am now trying to set the system up again, but keep running into this issue. Any other ideas ?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

trjeff,

Firmware updates should take place automatically overnight, are you still experiencing this same issue today?

JamesC

trjeff
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi James, sorry for late response but was out of town. Now I’m back and yes I’m Still having the issue Thanks

Edit 1: actually now the app won’t detect the smart hub. So I removed the smart hub from the device list and tried to set it up again. I plugged in the Ethernet cord then the power cord and waited. First I got solid orange, then solid blue, then flashing orange. app keeps searching for device but fails each time
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try holding the reset button for >10 seconds, until the LED flashes amber. Let the hub reboot with a solid blue LED (~2 minutes) and try again.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation