Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo 3 Pro Multiple Issues

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Wellcome2phily
Follower
Follower
Having Multiple issues with Arlo 3 Pro Cameras. Recently purchased. Arlo base is hard wired to an Eero WiFi Mesh which is hardwired to my Comcast Router. Comcast router is set as bridge. Have three cameras. Two outside and one inside.

Issues:
Sometimes base blinks orange.
Cameras randomly goes offline.
Purchased two solar panels, it shows that is charging, but does not charge at all.
When I try to look at live video, sometimes it won’t play.

I already contacted support and they made me reset my base. According to them, this should’ve fixed my issues. So far, it looks like it has not. Any feedback would be great. I currently have a case opened with them.
1 REPLY 1
Kaynadian
Luminary
Luminary

Hi,

I'm not sure if this will help, but I had also experienced this issue with my Arlo Pro 3. My Arlo Pro 3 was constantly disconnecting (as your screenshot shows) and viewing live worked sometimes but usually didn't work, and recordings were a mess (such as green/gray, super slow laggy, and essentially everything but normal!) 

I had contacted Arlo Support but they never were able to resolve the issue for me. My Internet Service Provider was the one who commented on WiFi interference, and upon researching, I found the link below. Google Nest is a Google Camera, but they have loads more online troubleshooting resources. Try the link below! I ended up moving my modem to the basement floor with the home base and that did the trick (knock wood, the issue doesn't return).  I suggest trying to find a location where your modem/home base is far away from other devices that use 2.4 GHz, as they rely on that bandwidth to send signals to your cameras. However, if that doesn't work, I would try moving it away from any WiFi devices in general, such as Cordless Home Phone, bluetooth, wireless vacuum (such as the iRobot, Roombas, as I was told those constantly send out signals even during the time they are at home base). If you're unable to move your home base/modem, try moving some of your other devices. Hope this helps! 

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation