Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
tonydip
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well their customer support sucks!

I just bought a second Arlo Pro 3 for a second home. Can I use the same account/app to access both locations? How does that work with two separate systems at two different locations?

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@tonydip wrote:

I just bought a second Arlo Pro 3 for a second home. Can I use the same account/app to access both locations? 

Yes.  Though geofencing would only work for one location.  If you get Secure Plus, the emergency calling features would also be limited to one location.

tonydip
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you Stephen! As a Super User I might need to rely on you if I get into problems. Have a good day!
AncientGeekVT
Apprentice
Apprentice

Oops….posted under wrong login.

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

This doesn’t match my experience.  Is it different for the Pro3 than the prior models?  I have Arlo cameras at multiple homes and geofencing works fine at each of them.  The 911 features don’t work for multiple homes, but geofencing has always worked for me for multiple homes on the same account.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@AncientGeek wrote:

This doesn’t match my experience.  Is it different for the Pro3 than the prior models?  I have Arlo cameras at multiple homes and geofencing works fine at each of them. 

It should work the same for all cameras.

My own are all at one location, so this isn't something I can test.  I was assuming that the app wouldn't handle multiple locations (and that you would need to make some adjustment when you moved to the other home).  Though of course the setup is by base (or camera), so as long as you are on site when you set up geofencing, it should work fine.

Thanks for the correction.

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

Glad to help.   As you stated the geofencing is set up by device or base station, so it happily works.  Too bad Arlo designers didn’t construct the data model for E911 the same way.  Ideally all of that information should be at the device or base station level….not the account level in the data model.  We care about where the cameras are and they can be in different places.  That is a design inconsistency and the geofencing model is the right one.  The E911 model is the wrong one.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation