Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
dresoccer4
Guide
Guide

About 2 months ago my Arlo 3 camera stopped transmitting a video feed. I did the basic troubleshooting steps, but no luck.

So just now I just did a hard reset on the camera, power-cycled the base station, then re-connected it all again. Everything was successfully reconnected, except for 1 strange thing... The image sent from the camera is a frozen still shot from 3 months ago!! Yes, the only image being transmitted from the camera is when we had a snow storm last February. 

IMG_7907.jpg

Even in the main menu this is what it's showing. Even more strange is, the camera was working fine a month ago, so this isn't even the last image it saw before it started freaking out. This is an image from at least 3 months ago.

IMG_7908.jpg

I've scoured the forums and there are A LOT of people having this issue which is obviously a hardware/software defect that is un-fixable by normal means. All I can hope is Arlo does the right thing and replace it. A single year guarantee that a product will work is pretty telling on their confidence in their product. 

But by all means if anyone has seen this issue and knows of a fix, I'm all ears!

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@dresoccer4 wrote:

I've scoured the forums and there are A LOT of people having this issue which is obviously a hardware/software defect that is un-fixable by normal means. All I can hope is Arlo does the right thing and replace it.

Seeing an old image in the main page is clearly an Arlo cloud bug - not a camera defect.  So they won't be replacing any hardware for this issue.  They obviously already know about it, and hopefully will fix it soon.

dresoccer4
Guide
Guide

It's a known issue? I have 4 Arlo 3 cams and only 1 is having this old image issue and won't work.

So it's only an issue with some cameras? Because it's obviously not all of them.

"They obviously already know about it, and hopefully will fix it soon"

Is there an official announcement about this?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@dresoccer4 wrote:

It's a known issue?

@JamesC (forum administrator) acknowledged it here: https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro-2/App-shows-random-old-picture-static-camera-view/m-p/1866430...

@dresoccer4 wrote:

So it's only an issue with some cameras? Because it's obviously not all of them.

That is what other folks here have reported.

dresoccer4
Guide
Guide

thanks. guess I'll just put this camera in my closet or now and wait for a fix

Dannybear
Master
Master
@dresoccer4,
“thanks. guess I'll just put this camera in my closet or now and wait for a fix”

Don’t forget to take the batteries out.
dresoccer4
Guide
Guide

yep indeed

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation