Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

After having the cameras for 3 months the storage cut out.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
EJ1
Follower
Follower

Hello, I’m just seeking some advice on what to do about the shocking customer support I’ve received from Arlo.
I purchased a 3 camera set from an electronics store, who said it came with free iCloud storage. After having the cameras for 3 months the storage cut out. Called the Arlo Australian customer help line, who said it was because the ‘trial’ had ended. I explained that I had been told it had free storage (apparently it used to be free storage, but this had recently changed). The Arlo lady was really unsupportive, said there was no option but to buy storage. She sounded like she had better things to do than bother talking to me. She told me it was $2.99 per camera, and I was resigned to the fact I’d have to sign up. When I went to sign up it was actually $4.49. I called back and was told that the previous Arlo lady had told me the US price not the Au price. I said I’d called the Au help line so had expected accurate info and would like it to be adjusted to the price quoted please, $2.99 a camera. They just kept shutting me down. I emailed several times, got replies saying there was nothing they could do and kept closing the case on me. I’m so frustrated. Where is the accountability for their employee telling me the wrong price???

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

EJ1,

Arlo Pro 3 cameras require a subscription for content to be saved to the cloud. Once your subscription expires, to continue receiving the same benefits that were included in the trial, you will need to subscription to an Arlo Smart plan. For more information on Arlo Smart subscription plans, take a look here: What are the available Arlo subscription plans and how much cloud recording is available?

JamesC

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@EJ1 wrote:

I purchased a 3 camera set from an electronics store, who said it came with free iCloud storage.

Nothing to do with iCloud. Isn't that an Apple thing?

If you read the Pro 3 box it says:

ArloPro3CloudArloPro3Cloud

Small print, I admit, but it is there.

However, you have an alternative which is why I chip in.

Use local storage for your recordings

What is Direct Storage Access and how do I use it?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation