Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
mboldis
Initiate
Initiate
I understand that Arlo want me to pay for the subscription but why I can’t record locally or view videos same as basic plan?

After the last day of premium trial period everything stopped working - I can see the number of notifications but when I looked in the library there is nothing there.

Please advise!
8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The free basic plan is for the Pro 2 and older cameras. Anything newer requires a subscription or the use of a hub/base configured with local recordings. Those recordings are viewable using the app.

jsaus63304
Luminary
Luminary

You must have a storage device connected to your hub and you must turn on to record and access local storage in the menu.  Were you getting local recordings while you had the subscription?  There is a drop down to toggle between local and cloud when viewing the library.  

Ckamp
Aspirant
Aspirant

What is typically a usable USB devise to record locally?

can you suggest a make and size?

jsaus63304
Luminary
Luminary

I had a 500 gigabyte hard drive laying around and plugged the base into that.  It works just fine and should hold a lot of video before it overwrites the old files.  You could also pick up a USB thumb drive to use.

Ckamp
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you.

i plugged in a thumb drive, now what?

the light on the thumb drive went on, now it is off, I do not see any indication of any drive on Arlo.

Ckamp
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well, it appears my thumb drive does not have enough storage.

im guessing I’ll need a 16 gig or larger.

jsaus63304
Luminary
Luminary

Yep, 16 GB to ! TB.  A small external hard drive is pretty cost effective and works well.  

https://kb.arlo.com/1146857/How-do-I-set-up-local-storage-backups-on-a-USB-device-using-my-Arlo-base...

Ckamp
Aspirant
Aspirant

Excellent, I’ll look for a hard drive.

Thank you for your help.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation