Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ctclues
Tutor
Tutor

I have an older Arlo Pro system with 5 cameras.  I love the no subscription aspect as it was the big selling points for me when I purchased a few years ago.  I recently added a Pro 3 spotlight camera knowing that I would need to purchase a smart plan after the free 3-month trial.  I assumed that I could add the Pro 3 as a single camera for $2.99/month as the other older cameras do not require the paid plans.

The trial just ended and the Pro 3 is still active on my account but is not recording up to the cloud.  But when I went to subscribe as a single camera on the Premier plan, it only gives me the  option to add 5 cameras at $9.99/month and I am required to select 4 of my older Pro cameras to be included - i.e., the subscription page won't allow me to only select the Pro3 camera for the single camera rate.

Is this correct?  Is this Arlo's way of getting owners of the older cameras off of their free plans?

3 REPLIES 3
ctclues
Tutor
Tutor

I have an older Arlo Pro system with 5 cameras.  I love the no subscription aspect as it was the big selling points for me when I purchased a few years ago.  I recently added a Pro 3 spotlight camera knowing that I would need to purchase a smart plan after the free 3-month trial.  I assumed that I could add the Pro 3 as a single camera for $2.99/month as the other older cameras do not require the paid plans.

The trial just ended and the Pro 3 is still active on my account but is not recording up to the cloud.  But when I went to subscribe as a single camera on the Premier plan, it only gives me the  option to add 5 cameras at $9.99/month and I am required to select 4 of my older Pro cameras to be included - i.e., the subscription page won't allow me to only select the Pro3 camera for the single camera rate.

Is this correct?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The free plan is for up to 5 cameras per account. You now have 6 so you would need to subscribe to Premier or Elite plus a discounted single camera plan. Nothing new here other than the various plans only cover 5 cameras.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

This topic keeps popping up - are you cross-posting? If so, one would be enough.

You can have 5 cameras per account for the free plan. 6 requires a subscription of Premier or Elite plus a discounted single camera plan. It's always been this way but the new plans have a different max number of cameras.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation