Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ARLO Pro 3 not streaming to Basestation

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jimtommac
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 3 Pro 3 cameras. In the past month, two of them have stopped working (ie they cannot connect to the base station eg for live video streaming).

Removing the affected cameras and adding them back doesn’t fix the connection issue. Neither does rebooting the base station or removing the camera batteries.

I’ve also plugged the camera in using a charging cable, allowing it to charge for a short period of time and attempted a factory reset, then  attempted onboarding again, nothing.

Additionally, I’ve reset, to factory defaults, both cameras multiple times and removed/re-added both cameras multiple times to no effect. Both cameras still refuse to connect for live video streaming and both cameras fail to detect any motion.

In addition, I’ve placed both faulty cameras within a few inches of the base and still the problems persist.

Lastly, I removed all devices (2 other operating Pro 3 cameras) in My Devices and started fresh. I noted all operating cameras settings, modes, rules, schedule, etc. and did the rebuild, the other Pro 3’s still not operating.

I find it extremely hard to believe 2 Pro 3 cameras just happened to stop operating within a month from each other and it be not a coincidence or just faulty cameras, after 2 years of working just fine.

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use Settings, SUpport to select your camera model and start talking to official support. You need a subscription for this so purchase a single camera monthly sub if needed and then cancel once the issue is resolved.

jimtommac
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've gone through "Official support" and it's pretty much useless. I'm told to do the same things I've already done and the cameras are still not streaming. I'm pretty much at the point of scrapping this system and going with another company.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@jimtommac wrote:

Lastly, I removed all devices (2 other operating Pro 3 cameras) in My Devices and started fresh. I noted all operating cameras settings, modes, rules, schedule, etc. and did the rebuild, the other Pro 3’s still not operating.

Did you also remove and reset the base using the reset button until the LEDs flashed amber?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation