Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ARLO PRO 3 recorded video issue

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
mskoda26
Follower
Follower

I set up the camera outdoors. Half the time, the camera works great. Detects motion, notifies me of motion and the records around 20-25 seconds of video. I can clearly see the person approach my porch, knock on the door, then watch him leave.  The other times, i find it notifies me of motion, but when i go to check the recorded video its around 5-7 seconds long and only shows the back of a visitors head as he's walking away. I wondering if i am missing some kind of setting?  Is the camera defective? My motion sensitivity is at the default 80%. It's just puzzling that it works great....sometimes. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you using "record until motion stops" or a timed recording? Try a timed recording to see if that makes a difference.

Mikey94025
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I suggest increasing the frequency of the sensitivity beyond the default 80%.  You want it set as high as possible, until you get too many false alarm recordings (e.g., caused by blowing leaves).  The disadvantage of battery-based cameras is they only record once detecting motion, which means they may miss the very first part of what you care about.  Increasing the sensitivity will make them more likely to start recording earlier.  I don't think it would be related to the recording length as your reported issue is has to do with when the recording starts, not when the recording finishes.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation