Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
JeffGr
Aspirant
Aspirant
Okay i bought the Pro3 x4 wifi cams for installation convenience. Unfortunately to my surprise for the last 4months out of 6 that i have the cams , they are useless. Could someone advise how do i get a refund as seriously the product is not fit for the purpose purchased. No activity zones work and lots of black screen views. Needless to mention that on live view you cant record so in an event of urgency you are left unprotected. Please assist as to a refund. I bought these from Amazon UK in 01/2021 and they refer me to the manufacturer.
5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried the Contact Support link at the bottom here? 

If you want some help here, we need all details, what you've tried, what you see, any error messages, your environment, house construction, etc., etc.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Also we need to know if you have a subscription for the cameras.

The "AC power has been disconnected" suggests that is the case, but it would be good to confirm.  Some of your issues sound like the trial subscription simply ended.

JeffGr
Aspirant
Aspirant

Indeed the Trial has ended and no i do not have any subscriptions.

I have inserted an external HD to the Hub to record locally. 

The Activity Zone AC power pop up is a new issue along with the other issues mentioned. 

Any thoughts as how to go about this?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JeffGr wrote:

The Activity Zone AC power pop up is a new issue along with the other issues mentioned. 

Cloud activity zones require a subscription.  All motion video is streamed to the cloud, and the cloud filters out video that is out of the zone.

Without a subscription, you can use the local activity zones processing built into the camera.  But that requires the camera to be capturing and video and processing it all the time - which takes too much power to do on battery.  So your only options there are 

1. position the camera so you don't need them
  2. power the camera with the ac charger
  3. pay for the subscription 

Manual recording also needs a subscription.

I don't know what is happening on the "black screen views" - can you provide more details on that?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@JeffGr wrote:

Any thoughts as how to go about this?

Have you removed any zones defined? That should clear the message.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation