Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
raul28
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have started getting below issue after subscription time is off. 

"AC power has been disconnected from your Arlo device. Activity Zones are currently disabled"

Its sending notification for every activity in area and its annoying.

I couldn't post one existing thread so creating new.

Any solution or suggestion ??? 

Phone: iPhone 11

App Version : 2.23 , Release Jan6 2021.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Do you have a zone defined? Check in the camera settings under Video Settings. Delete it and recreate it if desired.

You say it's plugged in but is the battery icon for the camera indicating that AC power is applied? It should be a battery with a lightning bolt across it.

False triggers implies too high a sensitivity setting and/or improper camera positioning. Remember that as the sun moves with the seasons, the angle of the IR radiation also changes, possibly causing reflections from distant items. Many of us use lower motion sensitivity in our modes and rules during the day to minimize this issue while still maintaining the detection we need. Repositioning the camera to eliminate the street, trees, bushes, etc. that can cause these reflections can also cut down on the false triggers.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
dcfox1
Master
Master

@raul28 wrote:

I have started getting below issue after subscription time is off. 

"AC power has been disconnected from your Arlo device. Activity Zones are currently disabled"

Its sending notification for every activity in area and its annoying.

I couldn't post one existing thread so creating new.

Any solution or suggestion ??? 

Phone: iPhone 11

App Version : 2.23 , Release Jan6 2021.

Activity Zone will only work on AC power if you do not have a subscription. Also the latest IOS app is 3.0. 

raul28
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have updated to latest IOS and also plugged in the power.

The activity zone is still bogus and somehow now this camera sensor have super powers.

Its detecting every movement on street cars , flashes , a wind , a leaf ...god knows what else that too in range of more than 50 ft away.

I didn't know without subscription my camera will have super powers.

Please fix it ..its annoying to get trigger every second which make it practically useless.

Anything beyond activity zone should not be triggered.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Do you have a zone defined? Check in the camera settings under Video Settings. Delete it and recreate it if desired.

You say it's plugged in but is the battery icon for the camera indicating that AC power is applied? It should be a battery with a lightning bolt across it.

False triggers implies too high a sensitivity setting and/or improper camera positioning. Remember that as the sun moves with the seasons, the angle of the IR radiation also changes, possibly causing reflections from distant items. Many of us use lower motion sensitivity in our modes and rules during the day to minimize this issue while still maintaining the detection we need. Repositioning the camera to eliminate the street, trees, bushes, etc. that can cause these reflections can also cut down on the false triggers.

Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Hi are you using genuine arlo lead and plug or after market one?
Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Either way , more so if its after market because the power is less it only takes a very minor amount of disturbance on the magnet end of lead. Try removing the magnet, wiping and refitting
ZebbyZ
Aspirant
Aspirant

I began getting this message about the time my free subscription was up, February, 2021! It's quite disconcerting. Along with learning the top of the image does not report motion leads me back to my old security system.

dcfox1
Master
Master

@ZebbyZ wrote:

I began getting this message about the time my free subscription was up, February, 2021! It's quite disconcerting. Along with learning the top of the image does not report motion leads me back to my old security system.

If you have the cam on AC  power the Activity Zones will work without a subscription. 

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation