Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
SuffolkDAC
Initiate
Initiate

I had 2 leaky Arlo 3 Pro cameras. The water destroyed the batteries and one camera in my case. It ends up that the "Outdoor" cameras are water resistant, NOT water proof and you should not be putting them outside where the weather can get to them. Must be installed under some sort of protection. It would have been really nice to know this before purchasing this system.  The first time customer service replaced the camera (it was under warranty). Still waiting on a response from them on the second. Been over a week now and every time I "chat" they tell me they will get back to me.

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

They are definitely weather-resistant and not waterproof - Arlo has never claimed the "-proof" part. Waterproof cameras would allow you to submerge them for at least some time period. I have a variety of cameras, including the Pro 3, that are fully exposed to weather and have no issues with water infiltration.

While it's possible that any particular camera may have a manufacturing defect that could let water in, having multiple cameras leaking strongly implies that something you're doing, or have done, is the culprit. Making sure the o-ring is in place and not damaged as well as properly seating the camera into the housing is needed to ensure they won't allow water to get in.

SuffolkDAC
Initiate
Initiate
I appreciate you telling me that I’m the problem without having seen the camera or setup. Very constructive!
dcfox1
Master
Master

I haven't had any water problems with mine in the elements. Just had a 3 inch an hour storm and all were fine. If they were going to leak that storm was it. 

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation