Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

pro 3 Floodlight - orange light blinks fast after scanning code

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
LeaBK
Aspirant
Aspirant

soon as I scan the code, it starts to try to find the device, then an orange light blinks fast my before it goes off and says no device found. I'm trying to do the initial installation

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@LeaBK wrote:
soon as I scan the code, it starts to try to find the device, then an orange light blinks fast my before it goes off and says no device found. I'm trying to do the initial installation

The orange LED blinking fast also means that the camera failed to on-board.

One possibility is that you aren't typing the wifi credentials correctly - the network name and password are both case sensitive.

A second possibility is that you have 2.4 ghz wifi turned off (or that it uses a different name/password than the one you are typing).

There could also be issues if you have unusual characters in these fields.  I've seen one post recently saying that a - in the network name caused them problems.

LeaBK
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for your reply. But I've checked it many times and the username and password are correct.
I even took it back to the shop, got a new one and it's the same.

I'm wondering if it's an router or iPhone/pad setting
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@LeaBK wrote:
Thanks for your reply. But I've checked it many times and the username and password are correct.

Username???  You need the network name (SSID) and the network password, not the username/password for the Arlo account.

LeaBK
Aspirant
Aspirant
Sorry I mis worded it as I'm 3 days in trying to get it to work and I'm tired haha. I did actually mean my WIFI name and Password
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@LeaBK wrote:
I did actually mean my WIFI name and Password

Do either have punctuation, spaces, or unusual characters?

For example, I've seen some posts here saying that a + in the network name results in a failure to connect. Unfortunately, there is no KB article saying what characters are ok, and which are not.

Is the network security set to wpa2?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation