Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Won’t reconnect to wifi if any disruption. Useless

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Shepp
Aspirant
Aspirant
Paid a heap of money for this. Works fine until there is any disruption in wifi. As soon as this happens it’s dead in the water and has to be reconnected.
You would think once any disruption to internet is back up and running it would reconnect itself to the wifi.
So pretty useless if anyone wants to not be on camera they disrupt you internet and the stupid thing shuts down.
5 REPLIES 5
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

This doesn't fit in with my experience.

Can you explain the problem?

You have a Pro 3 floodlight camera? Connected to a hub or router?

Where is the wifi disconnection?

You say wifi in the subject, but Internet in the text. Which is it?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Shepp
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ok here is example. Work being done in area on network. So disruption to internet. This also shuts down the wifi connection.
When network up and running again so is wifi. But Floodlight won’t remember it’s original connection to wifi. It wants you to re enter the wifi password again. It won’t remember it. So if your away and there is any disruption to internet it disconnects from wifi and won’t work again until you get home to reconnect it to wifi again.
I’m not the first person to say this I’ve read same comments from others.
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Shepp wrote:
But Floodlight won’t remember it’s original connection to wifi.

You didn't answer the question about how the Floodlight is connected, but from that bit I assume that it is in AP mode rather than througfh a hub.

Is it just the Floodlight that fails to reconnect to your wifi?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Shepp
Aspirant
Aspirant
Wifi connection to Arlo device.
Let me put it this way. Imagine I am away and there is a power outage.
This interrupts wifi. Arlo Pro is battery operated so shouldn’t matter. When power comes back on and wifi works again the device should remember that same wifi it was originally connected to and re-establish a connection . It doesn’t.
You have to go to the app type in the wifi password again before it works.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

You have said all that before. What I am trying to understand is this bit:

@Shepp wrote:
Wifi connection to Arlo device.

Perhaps my question wasn't clear enough.

The  Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight is one of the Arlo device that can connect either to your router's wifi, or to a hub that you plug into the router.

From your answers, my guess, and that's all it is, is that your Floodlight connects to the router and not a hub.

Just another user
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation