Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Trying to connect my new Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight to my existing NetGear Base Station

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ssuire
Follower
Follower

I have two cameras connected to my base station and I'm trying to connect the new Arlo Pro 3 Flood Light but it will not sync with my base station and will not read the QR Code.  I got on arlo support chat and the guy is trying to make me pay 99.00 because he said my firewall is outdated and I need to pay this charge in order to add my camera.  Is this a scam or is this a legit charge that people are having to pay when they purchase a new camera and want to add it to there existing base station?

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You're being asked to pay because you googled for support rather than using the Contact Support link at the bottom here.

In any event, the VMB3xxx series of bases don't support any of the newer cameras. You can use your home WiFi to connect the floodlight instead.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@ssuire wrote:

....he said my firewall is outdated and I need to pay this charge in order to add my camera.  Is this a scam or is this a legit charge that people are having to pay when they purchase a new camera and want to add it to there existing base station?

The clue is in the reference to a firewall. Rubbish.

Your first guess was spot on. This is a scam. Nothing to do with Arlo.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation