Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Barney123
Aspirant
Aspirant

All options regarding recording sound when my floodlight detects movement are turned off.

When it starts to get dark and the floodlight light is activated it will record sound.

This does NOT happen during hours of daylight and this is driving me nuts.

I have the Arlo power lead connected to the light and have permanent power.

I have rebooted the base station several times and reinstalled the software for Android as well as installing the floodlight more times than I care to remember.

The activity zone is a waste of time as it will record whatever is outside the zone.

Have I purchased a faulty floodlight?

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Please detail exactly what you have turned off and where. Are you using different modes/rules for day vs. night? As a side note, why don't you want sound in the recording?

Barney123
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the speedy reply.

I have turned off the following in the Arlo app for Android:-

In settings:- Device Settings:- Audio Settings

Microphone OFF

Speaker OFF and volume at 0%

In Mode:- Arm All Devices:- Armed

If the following:- Detects Audio (unchecked)

I am using the same rules/modes for day and night.

I have 3 Arlo pro 2 cameras also on my system and all have the sound option turned off and don't act the way that the floodlight does.

It might be a nice option to have the sound turned on but I prefer to have it off.

It seems like the floodlight is liking the sound on regardless of the settings.

Once again thanks for taking the time in trying to solve this problem.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can try removing and resyncing the floodlight to see if that helps.

Barney123
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have removed and resynced the floodlight more times than I care to remember and risked life and limb in doing so.

The floodlight is now speeding up and slowing down any movement that it detects. Great to see if you like viewing old time movies in glorious colour.

Also the floodlight is very slow in illuminating after it detects movement and as I mentioned before........... Activity Zones are not working.

A lot of money to invest when I could have my wife standing at the window with a powerful torch to illuminate my property and put back the Arlo Pro 2 Camera that this floodlight replaced.

Barney123
Aspirant
Aspirant

Opppps,

Sorry part of my last reply was sexist.

I meant to say myself and my wife taking turns with a torch.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation